If packing and loading are jobs which are bothering you, there are some convenient solutions for the problems. There are many websites on the internet, which teach you how to pack like a pro and also supply packing materials at a discounted cost. Some Maryland truck rental companies even rent out packing and loading equipment also for their customers. Here are tips on packing and loading which would make your relocation smooth and make the truck rental experience worth it:
– After you have finished packing, keep all the similar sized boxes together. This is part of your exercise before the moving truck is actually picked up. This makes the loading simpler.
– Label the boxes according to the rooms to which they belong. For instance put blue colored labels or stickers on all furniture and goods pertaining to the bed room and so on. Remember, the more neatly you pack and load, the easier it is to unload at the destination.
– Hire adequate padding and dollies from the truck rental company which will help you wrap furniture as well as load them on to the truck. You have to walk the ramp with the load – hiring dollies make sense.
– Legs of your beds, tables and chests can be wrapped with padding. This will minimize the risk of damage during transit.
– Mirrors and bed stead should be kept in an upright condition along the walls of the truck. Stack boxed beside them and in between so that the goods can withstand any jerk or bump on the way.
– The largest and the heaviest items should be put on the truck first. These include your refrigerator, washing machine, cooking range and other items which require at lest two people to lift. Then the largest boxes should be stacked in front of them. the last to enter the truck are the smaller boxes and boxes which contain items which you will need first as you reach your destination. These could include some of your kitchen utensils and bathroom items. Also some of the items which you will need on your first night should be loaded last on to the truck, so that they are the first ones to be unloaded.
– All the empty spaces within the truck should be stuffed with old towels, old bed linen, cushions and items of your upholstery so that the goods do not shake and rattle during journey.
One thing to remember is that loading of the truck is important, to prevent any damage during transit. If you reach your goods safely without any breakage, you can win some brownie points from your family as well.